The Frederic Storck and Cecilia Cuțescu Storck Museum preserves the creations of an entire family of artists. Architect Alexandru Clavel built the house between 1911 and 1913 in Anglo-Flemish style, while Frederic Storck designed and placed the decorative elements on the building’s façade. Frederic Storck (1872-1942) was a sculptor and professor at the Bucharest School of Fine Arts. His wife, Cecilia Cuțescu Storck (1879-1969) was a painter and the first female professor in Europe teaching in an art academy. She taught painting and decorative arts at the Bucharest School of Fine Arts.
Their collection composes of sculptures in marble, bronze, wood and plaster moulds made by Frederic Storck, his father and brother (Karl and Carol Storck), as well as paintings, drawings in ink and charcoal, pastels, watercolours and gouache works. Additionally, there are a series of plates and bronze medals and other collectibles, such as ancient coins and icons. The museum’s creation is thanks to the donation made in 1951 by Cecilia Cuțescu Storck and the daughters of the two artists to the People’s Town Council.